I've decided some weeks ago to (try to) adopt the method of David Allen named "Get Things Done" (GTD). A lot of people were giving very positive feedback about this method and there are a lot of related resources online, including several Emacs/org-mode setup. This helped me a lot to design my own setup since I did not read the book, but I found a nice summary:
- Capture anything that crosses your mind, nothing is too big or small.
- Clarify what you’ve captured into clear and concrete action steps.
- Organize and put everything into the right place.
- Review, update, and revise your lists.
- Engage Get to work on the important stuff.
Source: Get Things Done with Emacs, an article by Nicolas P. Rougier.