dilemma wherein the module has some private functions that have not
been exported. Testing a function that has been exported is easy
since it can be imported in the unit testing framework, and the
functionality can be tested. But how to unit-test a private
The bug was difficult to fix because the code was so complex. I
wasn’t really able to fix it until I simplified the code. Once the
code was simplified the bug was easy to fix. While doing this I
found an anti-pattern that I now call “One loop trying too hard”.
In the early evening I managed to remove the lid of the enclosure of
Adam's Acanthoscurria geniculata without disturbing the spider. The
juvenile female tarantula was resting on top of its burrow, so I took
several photos. She's very skittish and most of the time when I remove
the lid she hides from view immediately.