In the early afternoon the Brother HL-2350DW I ordered yesterday
arrived. I placed my order
everything went OK. Unpacking the printer and setting it up was very
easy. Especially since I had already read the User's Guide.
For now I connect the printer via USB. OS X "El Capitan" running on my
Mac Mini recognised the printer immediately.
Brother HL-L2350DW black and white laser printer, photo by Brother.
PostgreSQL don't do this list
While I haven't used PostgreSQL yet, I have plans to look into this
database in the near future. Today I came upon this
Don't Do This
list. I added a link to this list to my local wiki for future
How to show a Wi-Fi password on macOS or OS X
To set up WiFi with the Brother laser printer I needed the
password. In order to get a Wi-Fi password on OS X or macOS do the following:
- Press ⌘ space to open Spotlight Search or click on the magnifying
glass on the left side of the menu bar.
- Enter "Keychain access" and press return.
- In the search input field at the right top of the Keychain Access
window enter your Wi-Fi network name.
- Double click the row with "AirPort network password".
- Tick "Show password" to get the password.
Keychain access showing the Wi-Fi password for LakeSide. Note that
hunter2 is not the actual password.